Click the appropriate button to the right to download our membership forms in either pdf or Word format.
The downloaded form contains two sections:
1. Membership application form - annual membership is currently £15 for UK residents (£25 overseas) and expires
on 31st December each year.
2. Gift Aid form - if you pay tax in the UK we may be able to claim back up to 25p from the Government for every £1 you
donate to us, and it won't cost you a penny more.
When you click on the link button, you will be given a choice of saving the document to your computer, or simply opening it. When you have done this, just print it out (one sheet of A4 paper). Then you can fill in the relevant parts and post it to us.
Full instructions are printed on the forms - so please read carefully and use a blue or black pen and, if you're making a payment, PLEASE DO NOT SEND CASH THROUGH THE POST!
These forms are quite safe as no information will be sent over the internet using them. Membership is just £15 per year for UK residents, (£25 overseas), and you will receive four newsletters each year crammed with exciting news and information about the Trust as well as articles by Trust members about their memories of buses of the past. This will include exclusive material that will not appear on the website.
If you have any enquiries, please click this link to send an e-mail: email@example.com
Gift Aid – How does it help the MTT?
If you pay Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax you can increase the value of your subscriptions and donations by signing a Gift Aid declaration. This will be reclaimed by The Merseyside Transport Trust as a Registered Charity. If you "Gift Aid" your donations, please note the following:
1. Please notify the Trust of any change of name or address
2. You may cancel the declaration at any time by notifying the MTT.
3. You must pay an amount of income tax and/or capital gains tax at least equal to the amount of tax that the Trust reclaims
on your subscription and donation in the tax year (currently up to 25p for every £1 given).
4. If in the future your circumstances change and you no longer pay tax on your income and/or capital gains tax equal to
the amount which the Trust reclaims, you should cancel your declaration.
5. If you pay tax at the higher rate you can claim further tax relief on your Self Assessment form.
6. If you are unsure whether your subscription and donations qualify for Gift Aid relief, ask the Trust or pick up leaflet ‘IR113
Gift Aid’ from your local tax office.
Make a regular donation by Standing Order.
It costs the Merseyside Transport Trust almost £60.00 per bus every month just for storage. If you would like to help contribute towards the ongoing monthly expenses of the Merseyside Transport Trust, why not consider setting up a standing order?
If you would be willing to contribute at least £5.00 every month, please click the appropriate button below to download a Standing Order Mandate. Then all you have to do is fill it in, post it to us (the address is on the form) and we will do the rest.
A Gift Aid form is attached to the Standing Order Mandate, if you wish to "Gift Aid" your monthly donation. The Gift Aid Scheme is explained above.